Wednesday 8 February 2012

Live, Laugh, Love

 I'm a little late with a post today. Everyone around me has been sick and I've finally succumbed to it! The card I'm showing today was one of our "Fun with Fabric" projects. This card was CASE'd from my upline Desiree Spenst(see her Facebook page here). I had to tweak it to fit with the colours of ribbon I had on hand.  I love how it turned out!

I think this may be one of my favorite Birthday sentiments. "Live, Laugh, & Love  happy birthday". There's a lot of texture to this card with the polka dot embossed card base, the little leaves creeping up the side, and of course those gorgeous ribbon flowers!
The two chocolate chip flowers use the 1/2" Scallop Dots ribbon. Basically, take a needle and thread and weave in and out of the holes already in the ribbon all along one side. Once you reach the end, pull tight and it forms a circle. Tie with a knot. I adhered a 3/4" circle on the back and pushed a Rhinestone brad through to finish it. The center flower uses the 1 1/4"  Striped Grosgrain ribbon. Fold it in half and do a running stitch using linen thread along the open edge. Then, snip almost to the fold about 1/8" apart along the whole length of the ribbon (make sure not to snip all the way through the fold). Then pull tight on your thread to pull the flower into a a circular shape. Tie a knot. Use another 3/4" circle for your large rhinestone brad to go through. I pulled at the edges of the ribbon a bit so it would fray. I like the shabby chic-ness of it. If you'd like to see a photo tutorial, just leave me a comment.

Thanks for stopping in!


Tamara


Stampin' Supplies: Products are from the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalogue unless otherwise noted.
Stamp Sets: On Your Birthday
Card Stock: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
Embellishments: Clear Rhinestone Brads, 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon, 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Polka Dots Embossing Folder,
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Scallop Oval Frame Bigz Die, Little Leaves Sizzlit,Needle and thread









No comments:

Post a Comment