Monday 20 February 2012

Watercolouring 101

 Hello! Today I'm showcasing some watercolour techniques (yes, I'm Canadian so I spell "colour" differently!). Above I coloured directly onto the Medallion stamp with Bashful Blue and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers. I then spritzed the stamp all over with water and stamped it onto naturals white card stock. I like how soft it looks.
 The next example used watercolour crayons which I coloured direct to stamp and then spritzed with water prior to stamping on card stock.
Stampin' Supplies: Card Stock: Garden Green, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Watercolour paper. 
Ink: VersaMark, Concord Crush Classic Ink. Stamp Set: Nature Walk, Teeny Tiny Wishes. 
Accessories: Modern Lable Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Watercolour Crayons

The last technique I'll show you is done using watercolour paper. I stamped the butterfly in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. Once that cool, I scribbled in a somewhat random fashion with 3 different colours of watercolour crayon. I left a little it of blank space here and there. Then, I leaned the stamped paper against a box and spritzed it with water to get the colours to run and bleed into one another. When I reached the desired look, I put in down to dry on some paper towel. You could use a heat tool to speed up the drying process if you like but just be careful not to move the water around too much. You would probably want to dry in one direction (like when you blow dry your hair from the top to the tips). This is a great card that looks impressive but isn't really that complicated.  It's also a very versatile technique in that you could use any image you want and just repeat it.  It would be an easy way to create a water theme background for say a sailboat image as well. Lots of ways to use this technique.

If you have any questions, just leave me a comment!

Enjoy your day,

Tamara


No comments:

Post a Comment