Wednesday 22 February 2012

Man Cards


Welcome! Today I'm giving a preview to the class I am holding tonight. It's my monthly technique night and stamp club. Our theme for the evening is masculine cards. I really struggle in this area and always have a hard time coming up with something "manly".  I asked my husband about some of my designs and his response was basically, less is more. He liked the more simple, clean card designs over the intricate and involved ones. 

Enter the first card. Fairly straight forward. Clean lines. Some texture and slight distressing. No ribbon. (That was a big one for my hubby. Apparently ribbon instantly feminizes (is that a word?)  anything). 

 Let's get up close and personal...


I used the Extreme Elements stamp set for the background and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the SAB (Sale-a-Bration) set Elementary Elegance. It's heat embossed with pewter embossing powder but I'm going to give using black embossing powder a try at class tonight. It might be easier to see. I could mix a little of both too for a sweet shimmery blackness.  I finished it off with some linen thread wrapped around and a couple of brushed metal brads. The background is called inlaid embossing. Adhere a bunch of squares and then run it through the Big Shot using an embossing folder. (I really like to use the Houndstooth or Stripes folders for masculine cards).

Have any questions? Or really like it? PLEASE leave me a comment. Just so I know there's actually people out there...

Just an FYI, I'm going to work on getting my posts up first thing in the morning. I have a rough time with that.

See you tomorrow!

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Elementary Elegance, Extreme Elements
Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, Cajun Craze
Ink: Basic Gray Classic Ink, VersaMark
Accessories: Pewter Embossing Powder, Linen Thread, Metallic Brads
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

1 comment:

  1. It's very masculine, Tamara, and I loved making it tonight. We used a lot of cool techniques at Stamp Club this evening! Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete