Friday 16 March 2012

DinoROAR!

How did it get so late? The day completely got away from me! It's almost 10pm and no post!

I'm SO so so happy I got this stamp set. When the 2011/2012 Idea Book & Catalogue came out I did the "eenie meenie miney moe" between I Dig You and Dinoroar - 2 incredibly cute stamp sets that are geared towards little boys (or big boys, or construction/dino diggin' girlies).  I Dig You won out BUT then I had some extra hostess dollars and really didn't know what to get so I got Dinoroar...finally!!! Why didn't I get this set months ago?!?!?!? I can only hope that it makes the cut into the next catalogue! It's so stinkin' cute!

I had wanted to try a gatefold card for some time. I kept seeing them on other blogs and decided to give it a shot. They're pretty easy to make and have a lot of "wow" to them so all in all, they're a great card style to switch it up once in a while. Every time I showed this card off, people said, "Wow, that's a cool card!". I even made a bunch for my sidelines as a monthly swap AND this one was sent in to Stampin' Up! for a demonstrator challenge. (That's why the photo isn't so great. It was in a clear envelope for sending and since I forgot to take a photo of it at home, this is the best I got!)

 There she is! Ever since The Land Before Time, I will ALWAYS think of any triceratops as being 1) a girl 2) named Sarah 3) REALLY bossy! Anyone with me?

Anyhoo, I love this colour combo of Lucky Limeaid and Island Indigo. Those colours just go together like peanut butter and syrup (don't tell me you've never tried it...A.maz.ing)

The polkadot DSP is from the 2011-2013 In Colour Paper Stack, the Lucky Limeaid brads are from the In Colour Designer brads, and I ran that Lucky Limeaid panel through the Big Shot with the Houndstooth embossing folder. I stamped the dino in Jet Black StazOn on Naturals White card stock and them coloured him using an Aquapainter and ink pads.  I didn't get a photo of the inside :( but it says "ROAR - that means happy birthday in dinosaur" I also used a flower punch to take a "bite" out of one corner of the inside panel.

Too bad I don't have better photos. You can't even tell it's a gatefold card! The good news is that this is one of our cards for this months' technique class on the 21st! I will be sure to take some better photos and post them all so you get the full meal deal.

Alright, I've gotta jet and find some other fun and fancy fold cards to teach to my wonderful stamp club! They've got high hopes for this class (as do I)! It's gonna be grrrreat!

Have a super weekend!

Tamara

1 comment:

  1. Love this card! And I'm TOTALLY with you on the Land Before Time thing :)

    ReplyDelete