Friday 9 March 2012

"Me Make Man Card..."

Just imagine me saying that like Tarzan.

Why are masculine-appearing cards so much more difficult or seem to be more difficult? I'm sure it takes me twice as long to create a simple man card as it does to create a complex and beautiful feminine card! 

I'm going to go all introspective for a moment so if you get bored, just scroll down to the first pic!

I think as a women, we like complicated things. We do like simple things (why else would we fall for a man? ouch.) but deep down, we like it when it's crazy! We add too many things to our already busy day, take on another aspect of our job that we don't really have time for, have kids ('nuff said), like to have more than two ingredients in our salad, and have to add pearls and/or ribbon to EVERY CARD WE MAKE! There, I said it. Rant finished. 




One of the reasons I fell for this card is because it LOOKS simple. There's a truck. That's about it...until you look closer. Yes, there's still a truck, but there's a really cool/complicated technique around that truck. I touched on it yesterday, it's Mosaic Stamping. If you have never tried this before, then get to it! You'll need some leftover rubber bits from when you mount your stamps. Cut it up into all sizes with straight edges. Then, mount allllll those little bits onto a clear block (if you're using clear stamp rubber bits) or onto an old wood block (literally a 2x4 or other small hunk of wood). I suggest going with the 2x4 as then it will be a permanent mosaic stamp. If you go the clear route like I did, there will come a day when you say to yourself, "Self, I know there are 150 little itty bitty pieces of rubber clinging to that block, but it's the size I need for this project!" so you will have to take off every piece. At least I kept them in a ziploc bag so when I DID have to recreate the mosaic, I could just pull all my little pieces out and re-stick them to a clear block.

Some other things to note, I used a simple design for the background with the Stripes embossing folder. I also sponged the edges of the background and cardstock sentiment to tie  into the sponged/antique look of the main image panel.

Let me know what you think. I designed this card myself and so I'm always a little more proud of these cards than ones I CASE completely. I'm Peacock for a Day (well, yesterday too I guess 'cuz that was my own creation other than the layout).

Have a GREAT weekend!

Tamara



3 comments:

  1. Loved reading your blog today! I was chuckling all the way through. And you already know I love that card and the mosaic technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet words, Heather. From one blogger to another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cool! And very manly!

    ReplyDelete