Tuesday 24 April 2012

Behind the Ball


Remember the classic scene in Indiana Jones scene where he's running from the giant round rock? That's what I feel like. I'm running not even able to catch my breath. Some things have suffered as a result (like my blog).  I have been creating here and there but getting the photos done and mostly, getting the posts written up, is lacking. 


Here's a Mojo Monday challenge from last week (I think). I really enjoyed the layout and was happy with the end result. It's a fun, cheery card featuring the Summer Smooches DSP and some of my favourite colours - Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo.

Here's the sketch: 


 

Have a look-see at what I came up with:
 I paired up the Summer Smooches DSP (available until April 30th as a sneak peek and then will be in the new catalogue June 1st!!) and the Bright Blossoms Stamp set (same deal). The butterfly was a leftover from a technique night (and a previous post). I was a bit overwhelmed with the DSP at first, just because there's SO much colour and it was a bit of a sensory overload! Now I LOVE it! It's cheerful and I need cheerful. Daffodil Delight is also fast becoming my favourite all around color. I think I just love summer and sunshine and my daffodils in my garden just bloomed so that made me happy too!!


Here's a close up:
I did a bit of Big Shotting (that's a verb, you know) using the Elegant Lines embossing folder. I stamped the background of the Island Indigo panels with one of the stamps from Bright Blossoms.


The scallop circle was punched as well as the Whisper White circle. The butterfly was stamped using the baby wipe technique and the Mixed Bunch stamp set. I punched it with the Blossom Punch (Occasions Mini) and then snipped out two of the petals. Some pearls form the body and a piece of linen thread works well for antennae. He/she's popped up on some dimensionals. 


The only thing missing is a sentiment, but that can go on the inside.  I think I've mentioned before that I am not big on writing inside of cards. I just don't know what to say half the time. And I don't like my printing.  I think it looks messy. So, if I can stamp inside and use up some of thta space, PERFECT!


Anyways, I hope this extra long post makes up for my post-sufficiency as of late.


Have a great day!


Tamara

1 comment:

  1. I always love your blog...and I would never say they are late....sheesh, you are a busy woman! At least they are there when your timing is available. Your creativity inspires me. :-))

    ReplyDelete