Sunday 1 April 2012

"Is she MIA?"

Did you think I quit? Sorry for not posting! It's been a super busy week with prepping for 2 workshops this week and attending them, multiple orders, and the END of Sale-a-bration! Phew! I'm bagged just thinking about it all! The GOOD news is that Sale-a-bration was a HUGE success. I'm sad to see it go actually. I absolutely love the Everday Enchantment paper and I'm not really ready to let it go just yet. The colour combos are so pretty and fresh. 

In other news....the new 2012-2013 Annual Catalogue is being released on June 1st!! (A whole month early!) That means that in a few short weeks, the "Last Chance List" of retired products will be released! I'm looking forward to see what's stickin' around and what new and exciting things Stampin' Up! has for us!!

Today's card was created for the Mojo Monday Challenge except I missed the deadline. I had the card done and photographed but I FORGOT TO POST IT! Eek. Ah well, there's a new challenge on Monday which means I have another chance to get 'er done!

Here's the sketch:





And here's my card:


I recently purchased a super cute turquoise decorative birdhouse from Homesense and wanted to have the same idea on the card. I didn't have Tempting Turquoise embossing powder so I used Wild Wasabi (which coordinates with the Twitterpated DSP).


The background is stamped with 'En Francais' in Basic Gray. I sponged the edges of the Whisper White cardstock ever so slightly.

 Some accent rhinestones add a nice touch along opposing corners along with some linen thread and a sweet marina mist brad. The birdcage panel is mounted on Basic Gray which is popped up on dimensionals.


This is inside the card (sorry it's blurry). This is for my in-laws who are celebrating their 28th wedding anniversary. I meant to cross out the "do" and write in "did" but I forgot. (happy I did day).

Overall, I'm pleased with the end result.

I'll try and get another card challenge done this week. I'm hoping things are slowing down, but this week has lots happening as well. You may very well see a baby shower card soon though as one friend had a baby last week and I'm going to another friend's baby shower this week. I think I'm just at that age where everyone around me is having babies! It's great! I can get my "newborn fix" without having to be up all night!

Hope you have a great week!

Tamara 

No comments:

Post a Comment