Thursday 12 April 2012

March Thank You's

I think the saying goes "In like a lion, out like a lamb". I don't know about you, but I thought March had a pride of lions throughout all of March! We have had a VERY slow start to spring. But then - poof! Spring weather and warmer temperatures have arrived! My lilac tree is budding and hopefully will bloom next week. The pear trees in our orchard have green buds as well. I'm looking forward to having our view of beautiful white flowers back again!

I guess you're not here to read about the weather though are you? No. I think not. Another reason March went out like a lion for me is because it was soooo busy! I had to literally squeeze minutes from a few days so I could get these cute 3x3 thank you cards done! I'm having a deja vu that I already shared this card but I don't see it on my list of previous posts. If it's a duplicate, I'm so sorry! If not, well, enjoy!

This is the uber cute Up in the Air hostess stamp set out of the Occasions Mini Catalogue (which means that if you want this set, we'd better have a workshop for you THIS month before it's gone April 30th!)

I stamped in Black StazOn and then coloured in the flowers with Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, and Lucky Limeaid ink pads and an aqua painter. (If you don't have an aqua painter, you really need one. I use mine a lot - can you tell from almost every blog post?!?!) I should have used a blender pen and some black ink to touch up a few spots on the birdhouse but I didn't :(

A bow of Old Olive (it's sooo close to Lucky Limeaid that it works!) is attached with a glue dot. I love doing 3x3 cards.You can use all those smaller scale stamps and they make a BIG statement!  I'm also loving Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush together! (Heather at Plays and Papercrafting got me hooked with her post using those two colours!)

Why not try a 3x3 card today? They don't take long and they're great for a "Hi Friend" or "Thinking of You" or even a "Get Well Soon". Is there anyone you can think of who might need a little sunshine today?

Happy Crafting!

Tamara

1 comment: