Thursday 19 April 2012

Top Note Fancy Fold


Hello There! This is a GREAT card idea for something a little different. I first saw this on Julie Davison's blog (make sure you check her blog out because she has a TON of great ideas and lots of them are clean and simple and she post VERY regularly -unlike yours truly ;)

The butterfly and background was CASE'd from a swap I received from my upline, Desiree and I tweaked it to fit on this top note card. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of this card open, but I did of another card (included in this post, just scroll down).

 Isn't the butterfly pretty? It's stamped using the baby wipe technique and the Mixed Bunch stamp set out of the Occasions Mini. Then I just snipped off a couple petals to make the butterfly. I love how the pearls make up the body. The antennae is a piece of linen threaed folded in half and adhered to the back. I'm pretty sure that the yellow DSP is from Beyond the Garden.

Here's another one I made. This one is a bit smaller because I used the "wrong" edge of the Top Note die. (I say wrong but it turned out great. Just a smaller version so depends what you're going for I guess.)



 So when it's open, you have three panels. I just stuck a piece of DSP (Twitterpated) and a blank sheet of Whisper White inside for the writing. I still have these cards. They'd be great for any occasion.  You could even have a little pocket inside to hold a gift card. Great Idea! I might have to make one like that!

Be sure to give this a try! It's a lot easier than it looks!

Here's the Big Shot Recipe: (Leave a comment for further clarification if need be)
From the bottom up: Cutting Pad, Top Note Bigz Die, Cardstock-placed on the whole Top Note die, cutting pad -lined up on die to only cut top half. 

I'll show you a picture because I know this doesn't make sense!
 Can you see the cutting pad is just place to the top of the DSP? That's so the pressure will only cut that portion of the Top Note shape and not the rest.


That's the finished one and then I just trimmed it a bit.


If you'd like the tutorial, send me and email at tamaracasorso@gmail.com and I will email it out to you. 

Have a happy day!


Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment