Saturday 12 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I know Mother's Day is tomorrow but I thought I'd post this card today so that if you were still needing to create something, this might help!

CASE'd from Charlene Monroe
 Isn't it lovely? This was the 4th card for the recent All Occasion Stamper's Dozen class. The most difficult part of this card is tying the bow! Honestly. That is one slippery ribbon!

I did a couple variations. The one above uses the Organza Ribbon in Lucky Limeade (from Sale-a-bration - sorry it's not available anymore). I had 4 spools of this ribbon and wanted to put it to use so this was the perfect opportunity. I love how it's a pop of colour (That looks MUCH MUCH better in person. Here it's kind of yucky.)

Here's one using the coordinating Calypso Coral ribbon:
 I also had the sentiment card stock up higher for a different look. The sentinement is from Delightful Dozen. I used Calypso Coral and Confetti (retiring) card stock. I ran a sheet of Calypso Coral through the Big Shot with the Manhattan Flower Embossing folder. Then I sponged overtop of the raised image with coordinating Calypso Coral Ink. I love how Stampin' Up's products coordinate! It's so simple!

If you have any questions, leave me a comment. I LOVE your comments!! 

Give your mom a hug (or a virtual hug) tomorrow!!
 

Tamara

1 comment: