Tuesday 19 June 2012

Horse Play

When I saw the new stamp set Horse Frontier in the new catalogue, I knew it was a must-have! My sister-in-law adores horses and her room is covered in art, photos, sculptures, carvings, you name it! She's a fantastic artist herself and she draws and paints horses so beautifully.  I was really excited for this stamp set so I could make her some horse-themed cards/scrapbook pages.

 It's a fairly simple card. I used the horseshoe stamp to create background paper stamping on Always Artichoke in coordinating Always Artichoke ink. The horse stamp was inked in Soft Suede and Always Artichoke (for the grass) and then I used a sponge to roughly colour the horse in and add some foreground. I also sponged EVERY piece of card stock (including the card base). What can I say, horses are dusty! The saying, "There's a little cowboy in all of us, a little frontier." is also from the stamp set.  I cut it out using the Apothecary Accents Framelits and then cropped off the right and left side bubble accents.

This is the sneak peek for our technique class tomorrow night.  I'll share the other two cards after tomorrow night's class!

Hope you enjoyed today's card!

Tamara 

No comments:

Post a Comment