Friday 25 January 2013

Stippled Blossoms Easel Card

Are you ready for some sunshine? It's pretty gray in our area during the winter months. The sun doesn't make an appearance all that often, but as I write this post, the sun is shining brightly outside. It warms me up on the inside and boosts my mood.  However, I love gray (the colour-not so much the weather) and yellow is up there in my top 5 as well. Pairing them together makes a sweet combination.

I recently had a fun folds technique night and showed my attendees how to make an easel card. So fun! It's a great way to display a beautiful creation. Here's what we made:

 Isn't it pretty? The flower was inked up with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink and then stamped off on scrap paper once before stamping the Whisper White sheet. Then I inked the coordinating stamp in Daffodil Delight and stamped it full strength on top using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up just right! But wait, there's more!
There! I love the crisp white against the gray and yellow. It's a very clean and simple card with just some layers and minimal stamping. What's your favourite piece to this card?


Thanks for checking in today!

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Stippled Blossoms, Petite Pairs
Card Stock: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, International Bazaar DSP
Ink: Daffodil Delight & Basic Gray Classic Ink
Accessories: Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive
Tools: Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Simply Scored, Stamp-a-ma-jig.


3 comments:

  1. my fav is the desire to know how to do an easel card, you made me want to find a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow. I always think of yellow as a "Tamara colour." Also, your pictures look so professional! Tips?

    ReplyDelete