Friday 22 February 2013

For the Girls!

I'm so excited to be heading out to my first papercrafting retreat tomorrow!! My upline, Desiree Spenst, along with some of my sidelines and downline, are hosting the Papercrafter's Paradise Retreat! I don't know what to pack so I'll probably just pack EVERYTHING! Good thing there are only 2 people in my vehicle. I'll have 100 pounds of SU! stuff to take.

My husband's cousin (so...my cousin-in-law?) asked me to make her some cards. She's getting married in August and wants to send a card to each of her ring bearers and flower girls, as well as one for her sister-in-law who will be doing the bridal party's make up.

Here's what I created for the little girls (5 & 3):

 I cut the letters out using the Big Shot and the Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies. I covered each letter in Versamark and then heat embossed Iridescent Ice on top to give it a really pretty shimmer and shine! I wish the photo could capture it better. It's beautiful in the light. I used the Scallop Oval Frame (retired.Boohoo) in Pretty In Pink. 

 
That cute flower is just the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch. I punched out two of them and then used my bone folder to break down the fibres and carefully peeled the two layers apart. The layers were brushed against a Melon Mambo ink pad to give some definition.  I then roughed them up a bit by crumpling. I secured all 4 layers together with a mini brad and spritzed the flower with Stampin' Mist (stamp cleaner) to make it crunchy.  There's a small soda pop top (flattened) hiding in the center with a butterfly from Collage Curios and basic rhinestone glamming it a bit.



 The letters here are done the same way, but I went for a different approach for the rest of the card. Because of having 5 letters to work with, this was the only arrangement I could come up with that would fit on a standard size card. I stamped the Sweet Floral background stamp in Pink Pirouette to add some interest to the whisper white panel. Otherwise it was just too stark. That cute ribbon flower was made a while back, but I wanted to use it for a 3D element and I liked how the yellow really popped! It's made using satin ribbon (retired) and a heat tool. It's finished off with an antique brad. 

Wow! A lot of words. Did you make it through all that, or just look at the photos? That's ok. I probably would've skipped the words too ;)

Enjoy and remember to check back to see the other boy card!!

Tamara



4 comments:

  1. Could you do the frame with the new oval Framelits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you do the frame with the new oval Framelits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I just ordered the oval framelits yesterday so that hadn't even crossed my mind to use them. I'll most definitely be trying that out though!

    ReplyDelete