Tuesday 19 February 2013

I Dig You!

If you're a parent, you've probably noticed that birthday's (and birthday parties) come in waves. Mason was invited to two birthday parties last weekend so this mom had some work cut out for her. Without further delay, here is the card we created for a special 4 year old:
 I've used this set a TON! It's such a wonderful set for little boys. It's also the only set that I let Mason stamp with and he's only allowed to use Tempting Turquoise with it as the blocks are completely covered with Tempting Turquoise ink from a previous "stamp with mommy" time. He loves to stamp though and doesn't care what colours we use. It's just fun.

For this card, I coloured the image with Stampin' Write markers. Have I ever said how much I LOVE the Stampin' Write markers? Yes? Well, I do. A lot. I've had them for almost a year as I bought them with my birthday money last March and I can't say how often I reach for them. Such a good investment. It's also saved me from purchasing those last few ink pads I don't own yet. (Bravo Burgandy and Cajun Craze. I'm not that into reds really.)

Mason was helping me with this card so we kept it pretty basic. We ran some Gumball Green card stock through the Big Shot with the Argyle TIEF and then the Early Espresso piece with the Chevron TIEF. Mason is fascinated by the Big Shot. Just like his momma. Sigh.

I love how the sentiment isn't straight. I did that on purpose! Honest! I wanted it to look like it was falling out of the bucket.

 We made our own wrapping paper too! Mason had fun with this for a while. Kept him busy while I packed up some of the other materials. I saw him eyeing my markers and didn't want to see what creativity would be unleashed if he possessed those! I've already witnessed his crayon abilities on our couch. Black crayon and tan microfibre = new work of art that mom doesn't appreciate. Memories.

Hope you've found some inspiration today! Birthday season is upon us!!

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Set: I Dig You
Card Stock: Tempting Turqoise, Early Espresso, Gumball Green, Whisper White
Ink: Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink, Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black Stampin' Write markers
Accessories: none
Tools: Big Shot die cutting machine, Chevron TIEF, Argyle TIEF, dimensionals
 

No comments:

Post a Comment