Sunday 17 February 2013

Punch Art Pirate

If you know me, then you know I love pirates. There's specifically one pirate whom I really like - Captain Jack Sparrow! I was having a hard time finding the right punches to create him though so I settled with this adorable owl pirate instead:
 I think I actually heard your "aww". I know. He's pretty cute, peg leg and all! My son, Mason (3.5), likes pirates so I thought this would go over so well on Valentine's Day. Ya, not so much. He looked at it, but when I asked if he liked it, he shrugged. SHRUGGED. Last year when my husband didn't like the Valentine's card I made him, I sent it to Stampin' Up! for a contest.  I made him a new one. I'm not that mean to just take it away and not replace it. He's not big on ribbon and I had used black satin ribbon hoping he might not notice (since it was black). I'm a little off topic....

You might be surprised how many punch art owl samples there are out there. I just googled "Stampin up punch art owl pirate" and up came about 500 images. Yup. They're out there.  But mine's pretty cute, is it not?

Here's the inside:

 I'm pretty sure Hallmark won't be calling me up to write for them anytime soon.  I had to get an "ARrr" in there somewhere and the "Savy" was just for a Jack Sparrow CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow reference.

I'll provide all the products used below :)

Let me know what you think! Would your kids be happy to receive a Valentine's card like this? 

Thanks for stopping in!

Tamara


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Set: None!

Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Basic Black, Print Poetry DSP stack (Spring Mini)
Ink: Marina Mist & Crumb Cake Classic Ink, Summer Starfruit & Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers
Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Chevron TIEF, Woodgrain TIEF, Owl Punch, 3/4" scallop circle punch, Hearts Collection framelits

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!! I love what you wrote on the Valentine!And the owl pirate is so cute!

    ReplyDelete