Sunday 28 April 2013

Out Comes the S

We've had a pretty cold spring so far, so even with the crazy winds we've been getting the last few days, at least there are some glimmers of sun!

I've been hoarding a few products lately so I decided to sit down and make myself create something with them. The first is the Cloudy Day textured impressions embossing folder (TIEF) and the second is Bootiful Occasions. I was drawn to the gumboot stamp in Bootiful Occasions as I grew up in a rainy location on the West coast. I'm used to moisture. My first pair of footwear was probably a pair of gumboots. My elementary school's logo was a gumboot. There's even a restaurant name the Gumboot Cafe.  I was enamoured with this stamp but when it came down to using it, I was perplexed. I decided to just go with a simple and straightforward design and I have to say, I like it. It brings some cheery memories of my time splashing in puddles (which I get to do again now that I have two toddlers!).

 
Nothing too glitzy or complex, just some bright colours set on a moody background of Baja Breeze and Basic Gray.

I was happy my photo actually shows the glitter! I stamped the gumboot in Jet Black StazOn and then coloured it in with a Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Marker. With my two-way glue pen, I coloured inside the clouds and then sprinked Dazzling Diamonds glitter on top and shook off the excess. 

A few small scraps of Bright Blossoms DSP and some paper snips make quick flags for a fun pop of colour and design.


I hope you find some sunshine of your own today!

Tamara

 

No comments:

Post a Comment