Saturday 24 August 2013

Butterfly Happiness

I'm ashamed to admit to you all that there is a room in my house that has barely seen me in all week. Don't worry, it's not the bathroom. I have showered and looked after myself. It's my stamp room.  For some reason, I just haven't gone out there.  So instead, I've been pretty hooked on Pinterest lately (and the Despicable Me minion app but keep that hush hush, ok?)  I now officially have WAY too many cards pinned and nothing to show for it. I decided to change that by making this little beauty: 

It's CASEd from Teneale Williams. I had pinned this off Pinterest thinking it would be great for a quick and cute class so I simplified it a tad by not sponging anything. I still like the original better, but this one is a close second. 

The butterfly is stamped in Jet Black StazOn ink and then I used a blender pen to colour it in using the lid of the Crisp Cantaloupe ink pad. I let it dry briefly and added another layer of CC ink to intensify it. 

The "happiness" stamp is from a word set called Fabulous Phrases. It's great as there are lots of words and you can use them separately or create, well, phrases. 

Here's the complete list of products:

Stamps: Beautifully Baroque, Papillion Potpourri, Fabulous Phrases
Card Stock: Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Modern Medley DSP
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffled Stretch Trim
Tools: 1 3/4" circle punch, Elegant Butterfly punch, Blender pen, paper snips

Hope you've got a fun weekend planned! If it's rainy, CASE something from Pinterest. It's a great way to get out of a stamping slump!

~Tamara




No comments:

Post a Comment