Thursday 8 August 2013

Happy Birthday, Baby!

I made this sweet card for the newest addition in a very close friend's family! Little Hayden was born in May (showing how long my camera cord was lost since I hadn't uploaded these photos!). I wanted the card to be boyish, but still cute and soft. I think I achieved that this go.


 What do you think? It's So Saffron, Pool Party, and Basic Gray. It was a fun colour combo to work with.  Hayden was not quite 10 days old when I met him, so I thought it was appropriate enough that I could still say Happy Birth-day! I got some snuggle time in and visited with his sweet momma. It's so good to have friends who know what it's like having toddlers at home! It's easy to feel very overwhelemed at times, but I know I have a good circle of other moms going through the same struggles. It's nice to know I'm not alone.  That's partly why I love stamping and papercrafting so much. It's a way for me to BE ME. Having young kids means doing a lot for everyone else, except yourself. Through my stamping, I've been able to escape and have "me time" almost every day. I've also met a lot of great friends (and babysitters) through stamping, which is a huge positive!

Anyways, I got a little sidetracked.

I hope you like little Hayden's first birthday card!

Tamara

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Set: Patterned Occasions (SAB), That's the Ticket
Card Stock: Basic Gray, So Saffron, Pool Party
Ink: Pool Party, So Saffron, Basic Gray classic Ink, Basic Gray stampin' write marker
Accessories: Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: Big Shot die cutting machine, Polka Dot TIEF, 2 1/2" Circle punch, Ticket Duo Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment