Friday 6 September 2013

Today's the day!

Well peeps, the big day has FINALLY arrived! You've met all of the design team members and now it's time to be inspired and GO CREATE! We're SO excited to launch this new challenge blog and hope that LOTS and LOTS of you will play along with us!


Here's the sketch: Apparently the sketch didn't upload correctly in the original post. Hopefully this time it does :)

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=a73588eee7&view=att&th=140f3c12a443511b&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hl9iufxr0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8GjBc7I_N4U8us9BK18qZb&sadet=1378592679391&sads=C6L9aucM8lNhxD1bIZkl9W-vuzU
And here's what I came up with:

 A little busier than my normal style (if I have a normal...or a style???) One of my goals this Stamping year is to use more Designer Series Paper. I order it because I love it and then I.do.not.use.it. None of it. It sits, looking extremely pretty, on the shelf never to grace the front of a card. Enter DSP. This is from the Birthday Basics pack. The colours are fun and I thought this would make a great kids card. The card is busy, kids are busy. Perfect!

Here's another view:
 And just because I wanted to see it a bit different, I created this one. Similar but not the same.
 The Crisp Cantaloupe flags are a little long for my liking (say that 3 times fast) and I like how they look when embossed rather than plain as is here. I do, however, like those balloons. They fill up the white space a little more. The balloons are stamped off once in Smoky Slate. 

Which one is your favourite? Do you think this would be a good kids' card?  Leave me a comment and let me know :)

Enjoy your FRIDAY! And a have a great weekend! 

Tamara
 

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Bring on the Cake, Sketched Birthday
Ink: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate Classic Ink
Card Stock: Raspberry Ripple, Crisp Cantaloupe,Island Indigo Whisper White, Birthday Basics DSP
Accessories: 1/8" Silver Taffeta ribbon, Silver Button, Vintage Faceted Button
Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Polka Dots TIEF (Textured Impressions Embossing Folder) 

No comments:

Post a Comment