Friday 22 November 2013

AYSI Challeneg #12 - Joy & Cheer!

Snow! There, I said it! I know it's coming, and I know lots of people don't look forward to it, but there's not much to be done about it. I, for one, love snow (for the most part). 

Before I ramble on, I'll share the sketch:
I took some creative liberties this week by flipping the sketch and elongating that main image panel (what I perceived as the main image panel). Now that I'm looking at the sketch again, I realize that I left out the two rhinestones (or any embellishment you like). I did use rhinestones though. And how.

I "accidentally" ordered the Snow Day stamp a while back and finally broke it open and defiled it's virgin rubber inked it up!

Here's a sneaky peeky:
 Mmmm...mmm! Isn't that a cute snowman? I love snowmen! Building them, stamping them, eating them (cookies, that is).  They are winter to me.

I'm glad those snowflakes sort of showed  up. I inked them in the Illuminate pad and they are pretty subtle.

Here's the whole shebang! All the elements of the sketch are there, except for those two rhinestones that should be in the bottom right. I think I made up for it though as there is a splattering of rhinestones all over :)

I decided to use the Tasteful Trim XL Bigz die as I'd see it recently on one of Brian King's cards. (Love Brian King! I met him at Convention and it was one of the highlights for me! I'm still waiting to hear how my downline Heather's Rising Star trip went. She was with Brian King for 2 whole days!!)

The patterned flags are from the Winter Frost DSP paper stack. The cute whimsical words are from the Endless Wishes photopolymer stamp set. Sadly, it's sold out again! It's been pretty popular and I'm happy I got in on the second round :)

The colours I've used are Basic Gray, whisper white, Pool Party, and Rose Red (for the heart).  Crisp and cool.

Hope you've enjoyed today's featured card! Be sure to play with us at As You See It Challenge!

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment