Friday 10 January 2014

As You See It Challenge #019 (Lovely)

Well, I had to rush to get a sample together for the challenge this week. I have been looking forward to it for weeks now so I'm not sure why I left it to the last minute.  I've always been a procrastinator.  Even is school. I did an essay on time management and then handed it in late.  It wasn't really late though. No one was able to get it in on time and so the deadline was pushed ahead a few more days. But still....

Getting back on track...I love this week's challenge from Amanda. It's a colour challenge and the colours are Pool Party, Pacific Point, and Gold! Fun stuff! 

Here's the official challenge and inspiration photo:


AYSIChallenge019

 

I had thought about doing something fun with the Dress Up Framelits but didn't have a ton of time to tinker so I decided to join the Mojo Monday sketch this week. I had a seen the design Mary Fish did and loved it so thought I'd join the fun over there too!

Here's what my fingers came up with. My brain was somewhat distracted as I've been watching Downton Abbey on Netflix (can I get a woot woot from all the DA fans?). 

I will keep you in suspense no longer. I know you want to get back to your episode of Downton as well.. 

I wanted to use many sale-a-bration products as possible.  



How many new products do you see? You might be thinking three, but there are actually just TWO! I used the new Embossing folder as a stamp by rubbing ink on it and then putting my card stock inside and rolling it over and over with a brayer. It made that cute background behind the sentiment. I also used another technique (that I've done before) where you ink a clear block with Pacific Point and Pool Party ink and then spritzed it with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and shimmer paint.  I then smooshed the clear block onto the paper.  It gives it a fun watercolour look.
 
Sorry my photos still aren't edited. We're sharing our one computer and I don't have the editing program on this one. It was just on my laptop. I'm hoping to go laptop shopping this weekend!!

Hope you will join us and play along at As You See It Challenge this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment